We had our 12 week ultrasound and Nuchal Transparency test. I had to have a full bladder which was hard! I was told to drink 5 cups of water and hold it so I took it seriously. Needless to say, by the time we were seen, the ultrasound technician took one look and said my bladder was WAY too full. It filled the entire screen. I was so excited when she said I could go empty it. It was an amazing hour. Craig and I got to see the baby in it’s 12 week entirety. We saw the beating heart, the hands, legs, feet, profile, belly. It was adorable. At first she said the baby looked like it was treading water. It moved around a lot, flipping over and moving it’s arms up to it’s face. It was an incredible experience. The nurse measured the bridge of the nose and nuchal fold on the neck which apparently detects down syndrome. She said all looked great on the ultrasound, congratulated us and then we were sent to the nurse to do more tests. We saw the nurse and tried to hear a heartbeat but it was too early to hear. Then blood was taken for part 2 of the Nuchal test and the nurse said all my results so far have been great.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment