I had my 37 week appt. this week. Siena is head down and I am starting to efface which means the little girl is getting ready to make her appearance! I talked with the doctor in depth about the delivery option of VBAC vs repeat C section again because as the time nears Craig and I of course get more concerned about the safety and risks of the method we choose. The bottom line is with a VBAC it's way easier on me and better for future births but there is a small chance (just 1%) that if my uterine scar ruptures during delivery that Siena could die. It's a very small chance but a chance I can not even bear thinking of. I would rather take the risks on myself with a C section and ensure her safety. That being said we decided to move up my C section date to March 20th, a day after my due date. That way if I go into labor before it's God's plan, if not we will do the C section.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Siena Rose delivery update
I had my 37 week appt. this week. Siena is head down and I am starting to efface which means the little girl is getting ready to make her appearance! I talked with the doctor in depth about the delivery option of VBAC vs repeat C section again because as the time nears Craig and I of course get more concerned about the safety and risks of the method we choose. The bottom line is with a VBAC it's way easier on me and better for future births but there is a small chance (just 1%) that if my uterine scar ruptures during delivery that Siena could die. It's a very small chance but a chance I can not even bear thinking of. I would rather take the risks on myself with a C section and ensure her safety. That being said we decided to move up my C section date to March 20th, a day after my due date. That way if I go into labor before it's God's plan, if not we will do the C section.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment