Thursday, December 17, 2009

A BIG week

So this week has been a big one! We closed escrow on our house on Monday and between picking out paints and flooring and packing, I've been going to doctors appointments. My blood pressure has been creeping up and I have a mild case of pre eclampsia so I've been monitored pretty closely. I'm 37 weeks this week. When I went into the doctor's office on Monday she noticed that I was having contractions that were pretty regular and 5 minutes apart. I barely felt them but it seems the baby is getting ready. I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. On Tuesday I lost my mucous plug. And today, which is Thursday I had another appointment and the contractions are still there and pretty regular. I can actually sort of feel them. It feels like a bit of cramping but nothing too intense. The doctor said the baby has dropped too which is exciting! She said she was concerned about my blood pressure and wants to induce the baby by Monday or Tuesday of next week. I'll be at 38 weeks. Since the baby already seems to be making it's way out I'm not as concerned about having to be induced, I've had this gut feeling the baby was going to come two weeks early anyhow. So we'll see what the weekend brings, the baby could decide to not wait.

Craig and I are very excited! We can't wait to meet the little cutie pie! We are just hoping to get our room and the baby's room moved before the baby gets here. What a crazy time in our lives! Moving into our first home together and having a baby all with the same 4 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment